The Fundamentals of PrEP Planning
PrEP is gaining momentum worldwide
More and more countries are expanding access to oral PrEP and preparing for the next generation of PrEP products including injectable PrEP and the PrEP ring. And global demand is growing!
Introducing PrEP is a complex process, and there’s no single mold for an effective program. But this section of PrEPWatch is a great place to start.
Check out a new plan to accelerate the introduction of injectable CAB for PrEP and the background on why this is needed.
This step-by-step framework for scaling up PrEP outlines what’s involved for introducing PrEP and provides links to tools and resources:
- Plan 4 Oral PrEP Toolkit
- Plan 4 Ring Toolkit
- Creating Policies, Plans and Budgets
- Setting up Systems for Supply Chain Management
- Delivery Issues and Best Practices
- Developing Marketing and Communications Strategies to Promote Demand, Uptake & Adherence
- Ensuring Program Quality and Progress through Monitoring & Evaluation